What to take to Porto is question to be well aware of, before proceeding on a trip to Porto. For going to another place from one country to another country one requires proper planning considering the information about its weather.
A carry bag with multiple pouches and partitions to separately pack all the daily outdoor utility items safely and securely so that at the time of need of any item, can be conveniently taken out, without disturbing other items kept in the carry bag. A person who is doing the packing must know where each article is packed.
While going to Porto one must make a list of items to carry with and tick mark to ensure the same has been put in the carry bag. One can not rely on the personal memory a written list and ticking each item is the proper way before commencing the journey. Following items should be carried along with:
1. Adequate number of clothing for day time and night time wear considering the number of days one is going to spend at the trip and the washing activity takes more time.
2. Spare Blanket and pillow if during there is night journey in the train.
3. Light refreshment items during the journey.
4. A Camera with Flash Light, Binoculars.
5. Flat comfortable shoes, because the streets in Porto are in steep height and have uneven surface.
6. There should be water proof material for Protection from rain because the rain downpour is very heavy.
7. Carry all essential medications like eye drops, analgesic tablets, common cold tablets and vaporub, anti vomiting tablets, medicines for hyperacidity, loose motions etc.
8. Sun Screen Application, because there is very bright sunshine to protect skin burning.
9. Adequate quantity of Photographic films, battery Cells, memory cards etc.
10. A Portuguese Phrase book – try to learn few phrases commonly used so that you can communicate some thing, which you want to in local language.
11. A Bubble wrapping sheet for transporting pottery/ bottles of Porto to home safely.
12. Traveling light is a universal suggestion, which makes traveling in public transport convenient.
13. If you can manage you are advised to hire a cab for a comfortable journey.
14. All the tourists in winter are holding the essential items and always have a rain protection kit. There is no snow at Porto. When it is raining or cold winds are blowing one requires adequate protection with water proof clothes and wind cheaters.
15. The temperatures touches 10ºC medium temperature it can rise within the range of 15 ºC to 20 ºC.
16. One should have protection from flu fever by proper vaccination before undertaking the journey. It becomes very unbearable if one falls ill while traveling.
17. Porto beach water is rich in iodine, which can harm skin. Suitable Cream should be applied on the skin.
18. Porto has a hot weather during summers only light clothes are required. During winter you require warm clothes and some thing to get protection from winds, when you are in the ocean region or winds are blowing all over.