1. Tell us about yourself
I am a 50 something year old Travel and Lifestyle Blogger who has been blogging at www.50shadesofage.com for the past 4 years. I’m married with two adult children and I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland.
Amongst many things I enjoy living life to the fullest and I love to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of my other interests include reading, movies, travelling, cooking and blogging! I work part-time as a freelance writer but my real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
2. You have an unlimited travel budget for 24 hours. Give me your itinerary.
Gosh only 24 hours! I would probably fly to Sydney and stay at a 5 star hotel with views overlooking Sydney Harbour. I would dine at one of Sydney’s finest restaurants, take in a show and maybe have a nightcap at a bar on Circular Quay. The next day I would start the day with a walk around Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens on the harbour, enjoy an indulgent massage and spa, then shop until I drop in Sydney’s exclusive shopping precinct.
3. You have won the lottery. Tell me where you want to live.
I would live in a luxury beach house sitting high on a hill with views over the beach at somewhere like North Stradbroke Island in Queensland.
4. Your favorite travel resource on the web?
TripAdvisor is one that I use frequently to check out hotels and tours prior to booking.
5. What is the superpower you most want?
I would love to fly like a bird and see the landscape from high above.
6. What’s fuels your passion for travel?
The thrill and excitement of going somewhere you have never been before and experiencing new sights, sounds, smells and culture.
7. Why do you write?
Writing for me is therapy but also to put words onto paper of what I am passionate about and inspiring others to make the most of their lives.
8. Do your family and friends support your traveling escapades?
Yes my family and friends are fully supportive of my travels and always enjoy listening to my latest travel stories.
9. What is the title of the movie about your life?
Good question! Maybe something along the lines of “An Adventurous Spirit”, because I have always been very adventurous.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
There’s probably too many to list, but I would like to see more of Europe, travel to Sri Lanka and The Maldives, French Polynesia and do some more caravan trips in my own country, Australia.
11. Can you imagine life without travel?
Absolutely not! Travel to me is like breathing air – a necessity.
12. If you were not travelling what would you be doing instead?
I would probably be working in a 9 to 5 job and being totally miserable.
13. If you could be transported to one place at one time, what would it be and why?
I would love to be transported to Wuthering Heights in Yorkshire in England in 1845 and walk the hills and dales in the blustering cold winds. Wuthering Heights and the characters, Catherine and Heathcliff captured my heart and imagination when I was a young girl and the description of the terrain fascinated me.
14. Single thing you miss most from high school?
My school friends and my Geography Teacher.
15. Do you have any advice or tips for aspiring travellers?
You don’t need a lot of money to travel, nor do you need to stay at 5 star hotels. The best holidays I’ve had were staying in B&Bs or 3 star hotels.
16. Your single most treasured personal possession.
My camera or iPhone.
17. Language you’d most like to be fluent in?
Because I’m going to Italy this year, I would say Italian.
18. Funniest person you have ever met or seen in person
Billy Connolly, the Scottish Comedian without a doubt.
19. Can you tell us about your next adventure
This year I’m travelling to Italy to jump aboard a 12 day cruise around the Mediterranean, followed by 3 weeks travelling by road and rail around Italy.